WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR ENGLISH WORK TODAY SO PLEASE EMAIL YOUR STORY MAPS TO YOUR CLASS TEACHER.
Today we are going to make a story map using your quick version of your Babblegabble from yesterday.
Get a big piece of paper and draw out the events of the story in the correct order. You need to start with the beginning of the story, mapping it in order using simple pictures to show what happens. If it helps, join your pictures with arrows and don’t forget to you can use key words and phrases to help you add detail.
Once you have finished, have a go at putting actions to it and acting it out for your grown up as they read the story.
Remind yourself of the story here before you start.
Top tip: Try to ignore all of the speech in the story and focus on key events. If you are finding it tricky, try using this brief breakdown of the story below.
· 3 characters living with their Ma,
· They move out to build their own houses,
· They look for suitable planets – 1st too hot, 2nd too crowded
· Bork goes off to space rover
· Gork and Nick Keep looking
· Gork jumps on satellite
· Nick all alone, spots blue planet faraway
· Finds everything he needed and builds a house big enough for all 3 of the little aliens,
· Big bad robot appears
· Robot attacks Bork's rover
· Jets to Gork's satellite
· Robot attacks Gork's satellite
· They stick together to find Nick
· Hide in his house together
· Robot bashed and crashed, pounded and smashed, blasted and zapped - but nothing happened.
· Robot got stuck in chimney.
· Burst into a million pieces.
· House still standing.
· Phone home and Ma comes to tuck them in.
Good luck and have fun!